Hey There!

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please let me know what you think by commenting on any of the posts. Hope you like it. . .

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chrysler: Bringing Detroit Together

      I heard a radio ad today for Chrysler, which reminded me of how much I really like the new Chrysler campaign. You have probably seen the commercial featuring Eminem and the Chrysler 200 during the Super Bowl earlier this year.
     Everyone that I have heard from in the Detroit / Flint area really likes these commercials as well. I think it is because we feel that it really captures the best parts of the City of Detroit and its people. While not all of the commercials in this campaign depict Detroit, they all have an American feel, they show the pride of owning and American car and mention cleverly that Chrysler cars are "imported from Detroit".
     However my point here is that while I was listening to the radio commercial I realized that it is the speaker in the commercials that makes me like them so much. The voice is of a man who sounds strong and powerful. I can picture him sitting at the top of a tall building in Detroit, inspiring the people on the streets below.
   So obviously, an advertisement that captures Detroit this well must be created by a Detroit advertising agency right? Not quite. The campaign was created by Wieden & Kennedy in Portland, Oregon (see more of their work here: http://www.wk.com/). I have to say, I am impressed with their insight. At a time when many people come to Detroit and see a dying city, they were able to evoke a sense of camaraderie, strength and hope in the local viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment