Hey There!

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please let me know what you think by commenting on any of the posts. Hope you like it. . .

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I ❤ Chicago!

      I absolutely LOVE Chicago! After going to school in LA, living in Orange County and also living in the Detroit area, I have to say that Chicago is really my favorite city so far. Of course I love the California weather, but the energy of the city is so exhilarating and yet so comfortable that I think I would rather trade my days in the sun for subways and skyscrapers.

     I recently returned from a trip to Chicago with a group of students from my school, The University of Michigan - Flint. These are a few pictures from my trip.
     This was not my first time in Chicago, but it was my first time visiting a lot of the places that were scheduled. We had an amazing time and went to a few different businesses to get an idea of what industries and jobs are out there for communications or graphics design majors. My favorite two places to visit were advertising agencies (of course!). One was Cramer-Krasselt (http://www.c-k.com/), who has clients like Crocs, Porsche and Corona. I really enjoyed the culture and creativity at CK, the employees had great things to say about the company, I really hope that I can work there someday! The other agency that I liked a lot was called C:Change Inc. (http://www.cchangeinc.com/) Many of their clients are business to business advertisers, however some of their consumer advertising clients include Flowerpetal.com, MSU and Crummy Brothers. C:Change Inc. was a lot smaller than CK in terms of employees, their culture was very close and I liked that a lot as well. I would also love to work at that agency.
     While on this trip, I learned that my skills would be more useful in an account executive position, than in the copy writing positions that I had been looking for. I am so excited to be finishing school and I cannot wait to enter the advertising industry full time!

With any luck, I will someday call the wonderful city of Chicago home.

No comments:

Post a Comment