Hey There!

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please let me know what you think by commenting on any of the posts. Hope you like it. . .

Friday, September 23, 2011

Running With Product Placement

One new show that I have had my eye on this season is Take The Money And Run. Its a new reality show on ABC where two people hide a briefcase of money and try to keep it a secret while they are in a holding cell for 48 hours.

After a few shows, I noticed that more product placement was seeping into it. One that was very blunt was OnStar. In the beginning of the show they have one hour to hide the money and then they must pull their vehicle over and get arrested. In the last episode, all of a sudden OnStar came on in the vehicle and stated that the same technology that they use to stop stolen vehicles was being engaged to slow their vehicle to a stop as well.

Overall the product placement fits, but in a new show it was a little blunt. This combined with the sudden arrival of the placement could be a little unsettling to viewers. However, as a viewer, I learned a little more about what OnStar can do, and it is definitely impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment