Hey There!

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please let me know what you think by commenting on any of the posts. Hope you like it. . .

Friday, July 1, 2011

T-Mobile Copy Cat Ads

When I first saw the T-Mobile commercials with the all white background, cool T-Mobile girl and clueless guy, I was very confused. They were almost an exact copy of the Mac vs. PC commercials. The obvious difference that caught my eye was that the commercial was comparing the T-Mobile My Touch 4G to the Apple iPhone.

The ads are, indeed, a blatant copy of the Mac advertisements that preceded them on television. I am not sure what the research behind this campaign was, its possible that T-Mobile might be piggybacking on the success of the Mac commercials and the positive brand image that Apple maintains. The web is buzzing with consumers who are calling T-Mobile a "copycat" and Mac fans upset with the company.

However. . . the ad was successful in grabbing attention. Can you remember the T-Mobile campaign before this one? I can't.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment